My Babies

My Babies

Monday, April 6, 2020

What I've Been Doing

With the stay-at-home ordinance in force now for our state I have been staying home for the most part.  I have not been idly going out at all and only going to the grocery store for us, my parents, in-laws and a neighbor.  So this gives me a lot of time.  A lot.  I have been cooking and baking a lot.  So this summer I will be swimming in a sweat shirt and black yogas pants.  Thanks, pandemic.  I have been reading, working outside, planning my flower gardens and containers.  Taking long walks daily through my neighborhood.  What I am not doing is organizing my closets, my house or my office.  I should be but outside calls and I go a runnin out there!!  I have been talking to people I love daily and I have been seeing my grandchildren some during the week.  Not every day but some days.  I hear so many people say they are bored but honestly I really never am.  Oh, sometimes I feel a little bored but I find something to do.  Like...bake a cake!  Who knew my only hobby was eating???  I was looking for something to watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime but no luck there.  Everything on these channels is just....yuck.  I don't like foul language or nudity so that leaves out about ...everything.  So back outside I go!  I have been spending a lot of time with my husband.  Doing projects and helping each other out has been really fun.  He is super easy to be around and is so funny sometimes.  Laughing during this whole ordeal our country is going through right now is just good for the soul.  I'm not making light of this pandemic at all.  People are dying.  People are scared.  People are acting ugly.  But there are those that are shining bright and showing love.  Showing kindness.  Making others laugh.  Those are good things the world needs right now.  So while we are all staying home and sheltering in let's think of ways we can show love and kindness to others.  To be that beacon on a hill.  That light in the darkness.  That's what I will be doing.

No comments: