My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Basics

We are now in my county and state underneath a formal "Stay at Home" order due to this Covid-19 virus pandemic.  Down to just the basics.  We can go to the grocery store, pharmacy, home improvement stores but not much else.  Everything is closed.  Restaurants are take out only.  The local restaurants around us are small Mom and Pop joints and they seem to be booming.  Parking lots full the few times I have been out.  I am going to the stores for my parents, in-laws and my neighbor.  I pick up things for all the kids if I am out but when they go to the stores I keep the children.  People are just....ugly....  over the basics.  As I sit right now, sipping hot coffee, looking out of my warm home to a nicely mowed lawn I just think.  Thank you, God....it could be so much worse.  Staying at home is really no big deal.  I have everything I need.  All the basics.  But I really have so much more.  So much to offer to others.  I have gotten to know my neighbors (6 feet away!).  I have gotten to talk with them about the God I love and how His hand is all through this.  I have been putting an encouraging verse on my Instagram page each day until this is over and am thrilled that a couple of my followers (there are about 25!) like it each day and I know that they need Jesus!  This whole stay at home order is the biggest opportunity to bring Jesus to our world.  I am praying for this whole pandemic to quickly end of course but I am also praying for Revival to come to our lives.  For God to revive the believers.  For the Holy Spirit to move and revive hearts that are dead to the Lord to a life like nothing else!  To be Alive in Jesus!  He is the only "basic" you will ever really need.  When you give your life to Him then you will know a peace that passes all understanding.  Peace in this world right now is so very needed.  So, Christians....I ask you to look beyond your circumstances and show the world you live in the best basic in their life is Jesus. 

No comments: