My Babies

My Babies

Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter 2020

I have no pictures from Easter this year.  I had no Easter egg hunt this year with my grandbabies.  I didn't have a big Easter dinner after church this year with my whole family like I have had for my whole adult life.  Instead we had church in our car.  Just my husband and me.  Watching our pastor from the front seat while he preached on the steps of our family life center.  It was a wonderful sermon.  So meaningful this Easter.  Our church building was empty but so was the tomb.  It was a glorious reminder that we serve a Savior that is alive.  And a tremendous reminder that we are the church.  We.  All of us.  Placed here for such a time as this to serve, witness and be a light to such a dark world.  You see, I love church.  I love the fellowship.  The people.  The projects.  All the joys, problems, issues, events....all of it.  I miss it so much.  I miss the community of believers gathered together under one roof.  Corporately praying, praising in song and worshipping.  I miss my ladies in our weekly Bible study.  I miss all the children running around.  This Easter was like no other.  But one thing remains the same......Jesus.  He never changes.  No pandemic.  No virus.  No mandates.  Nothing will shake Him.  Change Him.  Move Him.  He is everywhere and He is right here.  Oh, I will have my Easter egg hunt.  I will take a gazillion pictures.  And I will cook a huge meal for my whole family.  We are going to celebrate Erica's birthday, Easter and David's birthday in a huge way.  Just not today.  This will be an Easter that I will never forget and will talk about, Lord willing, for many years.  To my great grandchildren if the Lord tarries.  But I pray that it is one that I hold closer than any other.  Because Jesus is alive and He is still on the throne.

No comments: