My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Three Years Down

February 11th was my anniversary.  Three years down and fifty to go......oh, how I wish.  Marriage.  The most difficult of institutions they say but....I totally disagree.  At least this time around!  To date my sweet husband and I have never had even one single quarrel.  No fights.  No yelling matches.  No emotional tug of wars.  Are we boring?  Probably.  Are we emotionless?  Nope.  We laugh, we talk, we pray, we cry....we just get along.  Because we choose to.  Both of us had years of fighting with our former spouses. And we have both had enough.  Jointly we hate confrontations, arguments and the like.  So we choose to get along.  We make the effort top put the other one first.  When I mess up....he never accuses, makes a face or anything.  He just goes along and lets go.  When he messes up I do the same.  We apologize to each other up front and a lot.  Is our marriage perfect?  Pretty close.  Is our life perfect?  Nope.  But together we tackle it.  We approach it.  United.  Together.  We keep God central and include Him on all our decisions.  We do things together.  We make time for each other.  We do .....life together.  I so love this man.  For who he is.  For how he does.  I admire so many of his traits that I so desperatley need.  His kindness, how polite he is, how thoughtful he is, how he loves our grandchildren and our children.  And yes, I said ours.  Because when we joined we were both package deals.  If I could change one thing it would only be that we really would have fifty more years together.  But....we won't.  So I am making the most of each day, each month, each year.  Time is so precious and I want good memories for both of us.  When we are really old I still want to hold hands.  Kiss goodnight, kiss good morning, kiss good-bye.  Say, "I love you" often.  Be that super cute old couple that makes the young couples smile and say....I want that!  I choose that.

No comments: