My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My not-so-pinteresty life



I love Pinterest.  I really do.  I pin things all the time.  Recipes, outdoor gardens, cute sayings, Bible quotes and photos.  Great and awesome photos.  Photos of families that just cannot be real.  They.  Just.  Can't.  I have tried to get a photo of my grandchildren for....well forever.  They never all look the same way.  Someone is always crying or has their head down or up.  Has their hands in their face.  or in someone elses.  Having a major meltdown or absolutely not one of them smiles.  Or when they do they look like their dad is Ted Bundy and they got the serial killer in the making gene.  So I had this bright idea that if I bought them all a cute t-shirt and didn't make them dress up and just let them be dirty or messy with uncombed hair it would work out beautifully!!  Sound good?  Wrong.  All kinds of wrong.  The shirts I got them I carefully picked out to match their sweet personalities and just looked like something that matched them.

Piper's said:  More Cowbell (from an old SNL skit that her mama loves)
Savannah's said:  Blame it all on my roots (no explanation needed)
Brooks' said:  I'm your Huckleberry (and yes....he is)
Finley's said:  A Country Boy Can Survive (not on photo shoot day he can't!!!)
Abram's said:  Hello Darlin' (He is just a joy)
Kyra's said:  Well, Mama Tried (she does, she does)

Here are the results:

Grrrr..Finley was just unreal that day.



And it just got better and better....


Well...at least Piper is laughing

And here come the tears.....again.  even Abram is telling him to dry it up!



Good Grief!


Maybe we should try something different...


Standing up maybe...not Finley....big fat meltdown!


I think Finley is telling them under his breath that he hates...well everyone


At least Abram doesn't complain....or look at me no matter how much all the mamas are screeching!


Good one of the sweet little girls


Is that a smile...sorta???



Pretty good.....just not looking my way!


You want me to give them all smiling lessons, Mimi??!!


Sweet Brooks and his mommy

I took about 947 others but there was really not a very good one in the bunch.  I'm not giving up though.  One day....I will get a good one of them all!

No comments: