My Babies

My Babies

Friday, April 25, 2014

Projects

Right now I have about four million projects.  I am not kidding.  Seriously, I'm not.  I have something going on in every single room of my house.  It is either a cleaning out project, painting project, photo project, redecorating project and let's not forget outside projects!!!  Pinterest is killing me, people!  The only problem is, I cannot for the life of me complete a single one.  I am losing all ability to manage my time.  I am busy all the time but I get nothing done.  I am hardly ever home which puts a huge damper on home bound projects.  I am also not independently wealthy so that puts an even bigger damper on most projects.  I am a big diy kind of gal but you still need supplies.  My goals for the summer are to get my bathroom/Megan's old room/formal dining room all repainted.  Actually, I am a really good painter.  I have a steady hand and am pretty quick once I get started.  My struggle areas are paint color selection.  I mean you keep paint colors for years and years.  Or at least I do.  My current color of my dining room is a pale gold and I think it has been on my walls for about 15 years.  Change does not become me.  I have several things on my plate for the summer too.  My niece, Brittany, is having her first baby later this summer so there is a baby shower to plan and give.  Erica is having her third sweet baby this fall so I am sure I will help her out tremendously this summer with her two toddlers.  Megan has several projects she is working on for her still "new" home.  She is very, very crafty and has done some great things around her home and has made it quite beautiful.  I am very proud of her!  I do like projects and I like to keep busy.  I just need to learn to tackle things one at a time instead of this flitting around and bouncing from one thing to the next like a butterfly.  The older i get the more and more A.D.D. I get.  I mean seriously.  I cannot keep my mind set on one dadgum thing for more than ten minutes.  So frustrating.  I am sure this is all part of the fabulous world of menopause.  Because as we all know ladies it is the gift that keeps on giving.  Starting tomorrow I am going to sit down and map out all the household jobs I want to accomplish in the next four months.  If I set some real and attainable goals just maybe I can get a few of these projects finished.

No comments: