My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

What a glorious Easter Sunday today was!!  The sun was bright and shiny all day.  It was a little windy but a beautiful day.  Church was wonderful this morning.  My daughter, Erica, was in the Easter drama and she did so great.  She always did have a flair for acting and she really loves it.  Megan was in the outdoor Passion Play at her church and I saw her Thursday night.  It was so great and so moving to watch the last week of Christ's life on earth.  Megan was really great too.  I am super proud of my girls and their walks with the Lord.  They both love Him and serve Him to the best of their abilities.  They are just so precious to me.  When we got home from church the whole family got together at my mama's for Easter lunch.  Oh my stars..can we ever cook!!1  Not to brag but, my family is so blessed with really good home cooks.  We had the traditional Easter fare.  Ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, broccoli casserole and the like.  For dessert we had cheesecake, banana pudding and this great strawberry cake with fresh strawberries.  Yummy!  We had an Easter egg hunt for the grand babies.  Piper and Savannah had a blast finding eggs full of candy.  After all this my sweet niece, Brittany and her husband Aaron did a "A Baby Reveal" with an Easter egg with a chocolate kiss inside.  It was so fun.  Can you guess what it is????  It is a girl!!  This family just seems to not be able to have any boys but we make beautiful little girls.  And nothing is sweeter than a baby girl.  So soft and pink and precious.  I love little girls.  Love them to pieces.  I took a bunch of photos of the whole day and some were really good.  Easter is my second favorite holiday.  Not because of baskets or eggs or candy or dinner with family.  All of that is nice and fun.  I love Easter because it is about the Risen Savior of the world.  I am so glad my God is not dead....He is ALIVE!


Piper was so excited to find eggs all over my yard!



Savannah was just as thrilled.  They were so cute!


Piper tended to carry her basket like an old lady carries her purse!



Sweet Savannah.  I just love her!!!



The sweet new parents-to-be!  Pink eggs for their precious baby girl to come!



Can I open it and eat the candy Mimi????



Savannah loves to smell flowers.  I could just eat her up.



Uncle Thad and Aunt Megan were great bubble blowers.  They will make awesome parents some day.



Piper running after just one more egg that was hiding.


No comments: