My Babies

My Babies

Monday, July 6, 2009

There Are Still Nice People!

Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone had a great July 4th! We did, but not how you could imagine. We took our pontoon boat to Lake Norman. It is a really pretty lake in Mooresville, NC. Lots of nice houses you get to dream about, pretty yards with "endless" pools, several restaurants at different landings. Just a nice place. We always put our boat in at "Queen's Landing." They have fantastic fireworks that they set off at a little island that is right up in the first cove. They are just so beautiful on the water. Lots of ooohhhsss and aaahhhsss. We all got in the boat. We had our tubes ready. Skis on board. Lots of food and plenty of water to drink. We were cruising along at a pretty good clip when my husband said, "Why don't we go down this way? We have never been on this side before." Now, first you must understand. I am also allergic to directions. Land directions confuse me because I am so not sure of north, south east and west. This cracks my family up. If a mall is within the area my malldar kicks in and I can find my way to the mall and have the whole think mapped out in my head. Funny. But on the water? Let's just say, Gilligan has nothing on me. As soon as the landing is out of my sight I am lost. So lost that I could not even tell you which way to go. I always pray silently when we take off. "Lord, please keep David safe and conscious so we can get back, Amen." David truly is amazed at this lack of talent I possess. He asks me a thousand times, "Do you know where you are?" I always say the same thing. Not a clue. Back to the story. We were cruising along when all of a sudden the boat just died. Dead died. David checked the fuel. Check. The horn worked. The radio worked. But no power to the motor was flowing. He checked the fuses under the console. All good. Now David is not the most patient of men. So I knew a major fit was acomin'. So I prayed in my head. "Lord we need some help.....NOW" When low and behold a miracle. A massive house boat pulled up and said, "Do y'all need some help?" Yes, Yes! I yelled. To make a long story short or kinda short. the nicest family on the "Mack Daddy" house boat towed us into the landing. It took almost 2 hours and probably all their gas. David offered to pay them but in their sweet kindness they refused. Just told us to help someone else out sometime. I thanked them over and over and I think the man on the boat sensed my husbands struggle with this. He gave me a smile that said, "you explain this to him." At least that is what I read into the smile. So I explained to David that sometimes God sends people our way for us to help them. Not for profit but as a test to see how we are growing. God also allows things to come our way and sends the help to test us to see how our pride meter is going. Now I completely made this logic up but in my heart I believe this to be true. If nothing happens to us without God knowing about then how we handle stuff is monitered by His Holy Vision too. Many times I have blown perfectly good opportunities to serve Jesus by doing a good deed. But sometimes it clicks and I do the thing! There still are nice people in this world. I pray that I keep trying to be one.

Bless Y'all
Cindy

No comments: