My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year....Old Junk

Hey Y'all!

I am sorry the new year has already went by for 2 weeks without any posts but time has just gotten away from me. Every year I say the same thing with the coming of the new year. I am going to blah...blah...blah. I nver really stick one thing out though. Very frustrating. I don't really make resolutions as much as I intend to make attitude and choice changes. I believe our behavior is a choice and so are our attitudes. When we do something for X amount of time it becomes a habit. There are some serious habits I need to adjust! So, this year I am, with the guidance of God the Father, prayerfully attempting to adjust some of my ...junk. I really want a better outlook, attitude and reactions to situations. Does that make sense to anyone? Every one of us need to better in line with the Word of God and I really need to practice what I preach and to walk the talk I gab. First off, I desire a forgiving spirit and attitude. Not a "more" one, but this as a lifestyle. It is too easy for me to say I need a "more" of anything. This implies I have a fairly good one to start with. I do not. Too many times do I feel the old flame of resistance flair up whenever I feel I have been trampled on. To live as Christ is to forgive. Plain and simple. No if ands or buts. What the other person does I cannot help but I can focus my actions and reactions as God would have me to focus. This one thing covers a multitude of attitudes. If I become forgiving I automatically will become more kind, loving, understanding, tolerant, patient and so on. These are all sisters of the "forgiving spirit". At least that is what I believe. I think I will conquer one habit at a time. Too many and I will end up discouraged. Like the constant 15 pounds I want to lose. They will just kind of hang around.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: