My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Worn Slap Out!

Today is just the longest day! I have packed up and put away Christams decorations all day and I am worn slap out. Every year I promise myself that I will be more organized and put things up in a more orderly fashion. But truth be told I am allergic to cleaning too. The allergies in my life are just terrible...crafts, cleaning, ironing...the list is endless. I think my vacuum is completely packed with glitter and needles from the trees, garland and wreaths all over my house. I even dusted all the surfaces I cleaned off before I put my old stuff back out! I am superwoman today! One thing that helped was I am home ALONE. No distractions, no conversations...nothing but work. I put on some of my favorite cd's to pass the time. I am such a complete nerd that I must say my favorite today to work to was Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits. I sang my head off and was so glad no one came home early to see my dorky self. Right now I am listening to some old country music that I love...Conway Twitty. He was so great. I even played Elvis, who is my all time favorite. Who cannot say that young Elvis was the best looking thing ever?? He was just beautiful. My friends Tracy and Kelley appreciate my love for Elvis too. We have listened to his gospel cd in my car many times. Songs to make you cry. Anyway, cleaning up all this stuff has made me think about starting a new year. It is hard to believe that 2009 is almost here. This is the last year in the first decade of the new century. Amazing. I really want to restructure my life, thought life and prayer life this coming year. Memorize and apply more scripture to my daily habits and habitat. And mostly, let things go. Past hurts, failures, issues I have no control over...lots of things. In a perfect world this would be so easy. There probably would not even be one of these issues around. But it is not a perfect world and I am a very imperfect girl. Thinking back on the past few years I cringe at some decisions, words let out, thoughts running wild, actions I would love to fix and reactions I would love to redo. Wouldn't we all? I am praying for all my family, friends and myself that 2009 be a year of service to others and to our most wonderful LORD and Savior, JESUS CHRIST.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: