My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baking a Cake

Hey Y'all!

I am baking a carrot cake right now and does it ever smell good. Before you think, "What a great wife, mother and daughter she is!" This is the new Duncan Hines carrot cake mix with a little bag of dehydrated carrots and raisins. Easy, peasy! I am making homemade creamcheese frosting though. While I am doing all this domestic stuff today I waiting on my poor daughter to come home from college. Her car has broken down and she is hysterical to say the least. Her daddy is on his way right now and I have reminded him (27 times) that she is a VERY anxious child and to please be tender with her. Bless his heart.....she is just like him! They are both impulsive creatures and very anxious ones. I cannot count the times when I have had to literally bite my tongue to see each one of these two make choices that are just not the wisest. Both of them often are so sorry later on that I could just shake them and say, "If you would've listened this would not have happened!!" But I suppose this is how they learn....the hard way. That brings me to the question, how do I learn? Hard way or easy way? I really think I straddle the fence on that one. Sometimes I avoid trouble at all costs. Wisely too. I do ask God for wisdom often. Using it always is another scenerio. But sometimes I leap full face into a hurricane of problems and troubles. Right now I believe I am struggling with a huge issue in my life. As in an earlier post I stated a little about how I struggle with forgiveness. I believe that God is revealing to me that to forgive is not only a choice but one that His child I am to always choose to do it. And being the disobedient child I am I fight Him on it...tooth and nail. There are some pretty tough things I am struggling to forgive right now. Tough ones. If my spirit were more forgiving to start with would I be learning this lesson right now? Feedback please, dear friends. The more reluctant I am to forgive the more difficult the situations are for me to forgive. Or so it seems. The more I chew on these situations the tougher they become and the more worn out I become from all the chewing. Vicious cycle. I want to be forgiven for all my wrongdoings and things I do to others. That is easy but turn about is hard. So, I am praying daily. Sometimed minute by minute for God to help me in this area of my spirit. To just let go........ and allow Jesus to carry these burdens and allow Him to fix them in His time. I suppose while He is doing that I will go frost my cake!

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: