My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trees Galore~

Hey Y'all!

I write this like I have 100's of readers a day. I think I have about 2 a week. Or at least that is what my friends tell me. Anyway, I am finally finished with decorating my house for Christmas. I love putting up all the stuff I can. My family just groans and groans about all the fuss I make but I just adore the lights and glitter. Tacky is my middle name. For a woman to be so violently allergic to crafts I cannot believe that I hum and sing while I decorate for Christmas. Strange. I put trees up everywhere. Only one or two big ones...elaborately decorated of course. And then I put small groupings of alpine trees that I decorate in almost every room. There are 7 in my formal dining room alone! There is the mantle, the entry ways, archways, buffet tops, entertainment center tops, cabinet tops etc.... the list is endless. If I can mange to I will put a light on anything. Next to August my power bill is the highest all year! In our home we use a water-stove that runs on wood to heat our home and water. I use so many lights that the heat does not even come on until we go to bed and I cut all the lights off. This usually takes a while. I have to say that I think I do a pretty good job. I always try to have several get-togethers with family and friends and they all tell me it looks wonderful. I secretly wonder if they are just sparing my feelings? My youngest daughter, Megan, complains of only one thing. I place two snowy owls in little alcoves in our big tree. They are so sweet! All nestled in the tree peeking out at everyone. Megan says they give her the creeps. She is always looking for a way to kidnap them but is afraid to touch them! My oldest, Erica, informs me that in her house next year she and Blake will have one tree, one wreath and maybe a table arrangement. Whatever! I feel sure that as the years go by she will add to her home a little at a time. It is a disease in our family. Tacky is in our DNA. Unavoidable. As soon as I learn how to put in some pictures I will add some to this ever-so-popular blog. Happy Decorating Y'all.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: