My Babies

My Babies

Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thankful Heart

I adore Thanksgiving! It is my all-time favorite holiday. All the food, family, cooking and napping is just terrific. I host my extended family at my home each year. The numbers vary with as many as 35 to as few as 10. I just keep setting up little holes for people. There is always room somewhere. I can always eat sitting on my bathroom counter if I have too! To me, Thanksgiving is a very spiritual time. I always like to ask my family to really look inside and see what they have to be truly thankful for in their own lives. My husband cringes at this idea and asks me not to make anyone say these things aloud before we eat. I do comply...stubbornly. In my own heart I am thankful for the usual things we have in this blessed (it still is) country. Clean water, food, health, shelter, heat, air conditioning, clothes, jobs, cars, electricity and gadgets aplenty. When I look at the whole world and the way things are for most I tear up every time. I am so blessed by my Heavenly Father. I have a husband who lovingly does provide for his family. A job that allows me to touch the lives of many people on a daily basis. A church full of caring believers that have wonderful outreaches. Friends a phone call away when I need anything. Thank you, LORD for all these things. This country has so much in abundance it staggers my mind. I really don't understand how we can complain at all about anything. The access to everything is everywhere in this nation. No matter how poor some are there is always access. For this, Heavenly Father, I thank you. I just pray that we as a nation turn our eyes upon You and hearts towards the things You would have for us as your people.

Bless Us All!

Cindy

No comments: