My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Suppers

It is so hot today I think I am melting! The forecast for the next 7 to 10 days is above 90 degrees each day with little chance of rain. We are in a drought stricken area right now though some places are much worse. My poor husband is a landscaper for a living and has been pretty successful, Thank You Lord. On hot days like this week and for the days to come he truly is exhausted at the end of the day. So there is nothing he dislikes more than a hot supper. So if you are in the same boat with your own man, here are a few cool supper ideas. Tonight I am making a cool and creamy chicken salad stuffed into tomatoes I am going to pick in a few minutes so they can cool off in the house. I also love to make salads. More often than not I grill some chicken, shrimp or a steak to add to our salads. Fruit and cheese trays are great too. I add a few deli meats and some funky bread. Spread this all out and it looks really appetizing. Add some pickles, olives and different spreads and you will think you are in a real deli. Sometimes I make muliple salads like egg, chicken and tuna to serve with crackers or bread or just on lettuce. We love cold melons too. Add some ice tea and you are set for a great supper. When this weather breaks I love to take my cool supper and eat....outside! I hope y'all are having a great summer!

Bless y'all!

Cindy

No comments: