My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sometimes the world isn't so bad......

A quick post but an important one.....to me.  I got my new American Express card in the mail on Thursday.  My old one expired so I called the number on the tape strip to activate my new one.  I don't do that kind of thing online because as a near and soon to be senior citizen I struggle with technology.  I really and truly strongly dislike all those online questions and forms and passwords and junk to just do one simple task.  Why is technology so hard????  Erica says that it is not out to get me but....she is wrong, so wrong.  Anyway, I called America Express.  Pressed 1 for English (gggrrrrr) and then a super sweet sounding girl came on the line.  Guess what?  All she wanted to do was help me.  Can you believe it??  She activated my card lickety-split and asked if she could do anything else for me....it was her pleasure!  Just like Chick-Filet but over the phone!  I said , "No, honey.  thank you so much."  Then I thought a second.  And I closed our conversation with this...."You have a Merry Christmas, sugar."  And quick as lightning she responded...."You have a Merry Christmas too."    As Christians we tend to see the world as a constant enemy.  It is a dark world with lots of pits and downfalls, don't get me wrong.  But as believers we are charged with sprinkling light everywhere we can.  Thanks, sweet girl at American Express for hearing my Merry Christmas and for saying it right back!  That says a lot.

No comments: