My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jellybean update and other stuff

Hey Y'all,

Erica had her second official doctor appointment this morning. She is doing really good and according to thebump.com jellybean is officially a "Plum". This is a site that stems (no pun intended) from theknot.com and thenest.com They are all really cute and very helpful. You can post updates, registries, pictures, stories etc... Go to them and check them out...so fun. They compare your baby to a piece of fruit to let you in on the size. Erica and Blake's' baby is now plum-size. The doctor told her she had to chase the little plum around to listen to the heartbeat. Plummy will be a.d.d. like its' sweet daddy! This is day 5 of being snowed in and I am ready for spring!!! I love snow and it's quiet, serene beauty but it is raining today and that makes ugly snow. Very ugly. All this time indoors has made me go from working like a madwoman to eating like I am preparing for hibernation. I am in the process of redecorating Erica's old room to move Megan into and like a goofball I forgot to post any before pictures. So I will post some mid-work pics and some after pics. I really want to get her a new comforter set but Megan loves the one she has on her bed. It will so not match!! I am turning her old room into a nursery for little Plummy so I will be sure to take before and after shots. Being cooped in has caused me to catch up on my devotional emails and my Breaking Free homework. One devotional particularly struck a chord. It was all about being still before God and truly allowing the Holy Spirit to interceed for you when you truly cannot express your prayers. It asked you to just say, "Lord, this is a mess." over and over. God doesn't need or require my help, advice or my manipulation. He knows I have a mess in my home right now. He knows I am in a mess. He is the Messiah. He alone can smooth out this mess. I just need to back off, be quiet and be still and allow Him to work. His time is surely not my time. I do not have a clue what the future holds for my dysfunctional family but God does and He is totally functional.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: