My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summer is over

Tomorrow is the first full day of fall. I love this time of the year. Summer is my second favorite though. I love the sun, heat, swimming, the long lazy days but fall is just so nice. Never too humid or really too hot. The colors of the leaves are absolutely gorgeous. How God came up with that pallet is awesome. I cannot wait to see the colors of the leaves in heaven. They have to be vibrant to the 100th power. School is back in session here too. Our new little kindergarteners are a very talkative bunch this year. Only a few have been weepy. Most of them just chatter like squirrels all day. The staff have all said they are having more than a little trouble with this group. Now with cooler days and lower humidity they hopefully will settle down. With all the other things going on in my life right now I am glad for a climate change myself. I enjoy going to the local high school football games and watching former students at my school play and cheer. That is another sign that summer is over. Fall festivals are popping up everywhere. Fall decorations are all over stores. It is a sweet change. It leaves me with a little sadness down in my soul too though. The watching of nature slowly falling into a deep sleep for the winter. Fewer birds to watch. Fewer flowers to pick. Leaves me a little lonely. But spring is around the corner and then summer will be back.

Bless y'all
Cindy

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I love Fall.....way more than any other season. All the color and the coolness of the nights and mornings. For me it's snow just around the corner(fingers crosses) Are your chairs done?