My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Planning Time!

I have the most exciting news! My oldest daughter, Erica, is engaged! She is so thrilled and is still floating on a cloud. The wedding date is set for October 17, 2009. That may seem a long time off but it only gives us a year to plan. I have longed to help plan my girls weddings. There is nothing I love more than flowers, frilly dresses, fancy clothes, manicures, pedicures, hairstyles, and all the like. I want my girls to have really nice weddings but of course, there are some limits. Having a year to plan gives me lots of time to look and purchase off season things on sale. That is my other favorite thing...shopping! I could just shop 12 hours a day and never get tired. Erica is such a sweet girl and she is so grateful and gracious for my help and my attempt to take over. Monday we are going to look at bridal gowns. She has several pictures from magazines and I am sure I will burst into tears when I see her in one. I know I am rambling but this is just so exciting for me as a mom. To see my sweet baby girl grow into a lovely (inside and out) young woman is precious. What an honor and a joy it is to witness the creatures that God loans us as moms. Praise His name for that honor and gift. I so desire my Erica and her new husband to love the Lord and to seek Him in their new life together. I pray for them daily that they hear His call on their lives and serve Him with all their hearts. Blake and Erica both love children and young people and I have expressed to them many times that I can see the Lord using them in working with the youth. Keep them in your prayers. This world is so hard and blinding that young couples need all the hedges of prayers they can get. But for right now I am off to look at mother of the bride dresses. That is pretty exciting too!

Bless y'all!
Cindy

No comments: