My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fresh Starts

This is a strange time for me as a mom. My girls are all grown up and branching out. Yesterday I helped my youngest move into her campus apartment at college. She is just 2 hours away but it sure seems like the other side of the moon. We worked hard all day driving, hauling, moving, placing things, shopping etc... all the things it takes to start up a new residence is tremendous. At least it seems so with girls. She has 3 other room mates who are so sweet. They all seem to be a good fit. When we left each other there were a few tears, lots of hugs and kisses. Back at home I see my oldest daughter and she is looking for a "career" job now that she is a graduate from college. Strange for me. Where has the time gone. If it continues to go this fast I will be a great-grandmother in about 45 minutes! Both my daughters are so precious to me. Not that we have not had our rounds mind you. There have been times when I could have snatched them bald-headed in a minute flat. Many times! I realize that they are gifts from the One Most High. Put in our charge as parents and as their examples. I just pray that they remember that each day they are granted new mercies and many do-overs and fresh starts. I am so glad for them and the new things that God is blessing them with each day.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: