My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, January 28, 2016

When you least expect it

I spoke with a dear friend last night at our Bible study...which is gonna be great...last night and she said I was just glowing.  Well I am not pregnant so it must be love!!  Does that not sound so corny??!!  She said that a deep joy was just all over me.  That was just the sweetest thing ever to say to someone.  And you know what?  I do have the most joyous feelings bubbling up all the time.  This man in my life has reawakened things I honestly thought were dead.  And he has woke things up I did not even know were there!  To describe him in a simple sentence is way too hard.  Adjectives just do not do him justice.  In all my life I have never met a man that is such a servant.  He embodies kindness like none I have ever seen.  Not just to me....to everyone he comes in contact with.  Makes this mean girl shrink a little!  He is so thoughtful.  I sometimes run by his house after the gym or after Bible study and he always has coffee ready and sometimes cake....hence the gym.  He lights a fire for me because I like one.  He likes a cool house but suffers the heat for me.  He texts me dozens of times a day just to say he is thinking about me.  He calls me the most wonderful names.  I do not know one woman who doesn't gush over being called gorgeous or beautiful or smile when they hear the phrase, "How is my girl"?  My girl....so sweet.  I know, I know....I sound 15 years old but it has been a very long time and doggone it...I can be gushy!  He does a thousand things for me in so many ways I cannot even begin to tell you.  He listens about my day.  Really listens.  He asks great questions.  He talks.  And talks.  To me!!!  He shares his feelings.  Deep ones.  We both had shattered marriages before and we have spoke at length about emotions that were churned at our divorces and the years prior.  We have talked about a future with each other.  I have really prayed and thought and prayed and thought about this.  We have spoken the "M" word out loud and while no date is set...not even a month...we are talking about it.  The question is not whether or not I can live with this man but...can I live without him?  I could but I do not want to.  He truly completes my life and he says I do his.  We move in a synchronization that is uncanny.  Like we have been a couple for forty years.  We love to cook together and we move in a rhythm that is so funny.  We have so much in common it is unreal.  Other than me liking crunchy peanut butter and him smooth we even like the same foods.  And on that...he is just wrong.  At least we both pick Jif.  Is he perfect?  Nope.  Am I?  Uh...double nope.  He told me the other night that he just didn't want to fail me.  I just smiled and said, "Too bad...we are going to fail each other.  We're people and people fail."  That's sad but it is painfully true.  Only Jesus will never fail us but with Jesus we can be failures...together.  So when I least expected it I have been blessed with such a treasure in this man.  Thank you, Jesus...for never failing me.

No comments: