My Babies

My Babies

Friday, March 20, 2015

Finally, Spring!

It is finally Spring!  I am so thrilled to say goodbye to Winter.  the older I get the more I dislike the cold and dismal Winter days.  The trees are budding.  Leaves are just starting to unfurl.  Daffodils are blooming.  Pollen is in the air!  I am a very fortunate woman to have no seasonal allergies at all but I know many people are suffering with allergies right now but .... Spring is so worth it!  The changing of the seasons is like a slow wake from a deep sleep.  We stumble around all Winter.  Numb.  Cold,  Dull.  Depressed.  Looking outside but staying inside.  But with the awakening of everything around us we start to stretch outside a bit.  Outside ourselves.  We feel more energy so we are friendlier.  We seek out freshness.  Newness.  It is like a new birth almost.  I find it wonderful that Easter comes in the Spring.  The dark and foreboding of that horrible Friday.....to that long walk to the tomb to find it open.  A timid look inside, to see....nothing.  He had risen.....Spring.  It speaks of tenderness everywhere.  New life.  A Savior rising to keep the promise He had told all along.  Just like Spring.....coming back.  I love the Easter holiday and all that it brings.  I am not much for tall tales of bunnies and such.  I do prepare Easter baskets, have egg hunts and the like.  But my children and grand children all know that it comes from me.  Easter is about the risen Savior of the world.  God is so good to place this event in the Spring of the year.  Not in Autumn.  That is the season of dying.  Winter?  Death.  Summer?? No, that is life in the fullest swing of things.  Spring......the season of renewal.  Rebirth.  The season of tenderness, gentleness, softness.  Only Jesus can give us rebirth.  He is gentleness.  The softness of His gaze when Mary realized it was Him.  Easter is a couple of weeks away but has been on my mind quite a bit.  Each day I see a widening glimpse of things coming back around.  Makes me wonder if Christ will return in the Spring of the year.  Sure, He could come back any time.  I look for His return all the time.  With the arrival of Spring today my heart gladdens at the thoughts of things warming up and blooming.  The sounds of birds are so vibrant.  Bunnies are hopping everywhere.  Soon butterflies will return.  Baby birds will hatch.  Flowers will be in full bloom.  Tiny barefeet will run through my yard.  Little ones will blow bubbles, catch fireflies, make cloud shapes into dinosaurs and unicorns.  Spring brings warm rains that are so fun to play in and jump around in puddles.  Is God not so wonderful??!!  To not just throw us into the heat and dryness of Summer?  No.  Instead He provides the gentle kindness of Spring.....finally.

No comments: