My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Guess Who's back????

Oh My-lan-ta!!!  It is so good to be back in blogland.  I have been MIA for almost three weeks and do I have a ton of stuff to say.  First off, there was this huge ice storm that knocked down a ton of trees in my yard but PTL I did not lose my power.  But I did lose my computer.  I am now typing on a new one that is super smart.  And guess what??  I'm not.  It has taken me three days to figure out how to sign into this blog.  I still can't upload photos and that is driving me bonkers.  Erica says that technology is not out to get me but....she is so wrong.  Everyone else I know did lose their power but my house was lit up like a Christmas tree.  All my kids and grandkids came over for a sleepover so can we say "Funtimes at Mimis"???  It was fun and everyone was great.  The girls power came back on the next day so they all got back to their homes really quick.  We did miss three days of school and went in two hours late for two more days.  I suppose we will get out of school this summer about three days before we are to go back to school.  I am just praying that we miss absolutely no more school.  I want warm weather and sun and blue skies!!!  Did I mention that are calling for snow on Tuesday?  I am crying....crying so hard I really can't even see to type.  Please no more snow!

A few other things that have come up.  My sweet, sweet niece Brittany and her husband Aaron are going to have a baby!!!  I am so excited and so pumped up about a new baby in the family i cannot stand it!  She is due on September 14th and they are finding out what the gender is at the end of April.  I cannot wait.  I will be the best Great Aunt in the whole wide world.  Well, maybe not the whole world but surely in the tri-state area.

As far as anything else in my life going on....well....lets just say I am as boring as always.  I do have a few things going on but they really aren't worth writing about let alone thinking about.  I have joined a book club that meets once a month.  I love it too.  We are reading Lysa Terkeurst's "Made To Crave"  It is an awesome book and has made me realize that in my own life I do crave other things more than God.  Mostly food.  I am a food addict and this book has made me face that harsh reality.  If you do not struggle with eating or food then you don't get it.  But if you do .... then you get it.  Drug addicts and alcoholics can quit their habits.  Go cold turkey.  Food addicts will eat their cold turkey.  I am learning to place prayer on my plate instead of pie.  It is hard.  Really hard.  I have spent a lot of time just sitting and staring.  Thinking...okay God, what do I pray when I just want to eat junk that is so not good for me.  What do I pray?  Who do I pray for?  I have even spent time almost in tears because I do not like this part of me.  At all.  But slowly the Lord is changing me and honing my own prayer life.  Making it better.  I have also given up teaching my Sunday School class.  That was a hard one too.  I love, love, love teaching but I knew God had been closing this door for quite some time and I knew that I needed to be obedient.  I don't know what He has planned for me but it can only be for my good.

No comments: