My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It must be my favorite

I was looking through some old cd's that I had in my car a bit ago and I came across several that my kids had burned for me.  Remember that??  When you could download music and burn it onto cd's?  Do people still do that???  Since my daughters use smart phones and ipods are everywhere (I guess...I don't have either one) I still use the old cd format for playing music in my car.  I put the cd's in my player and I found a common thread among all 8 I had them to burn.  There were some repeats of songs on each cd.  Like, "Ode To Billy Joe", I love that song.  "Son of a Preacher Man", love that one too. John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" and a few more.  But evidently my all-time favorite song is Gladys Knight and the Pips, "Midnight Train To Georgia."  It is on every single cd I had them to burn for me.  And now I know why.  Whenever I listen to this song I not only sing it to the top of my lungs I act out the whole song with complete hand motions.  Powerful words in that song I'm telling you!






I shoulda been a Pip.

No comments: