My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, January 24, 2016

What do I listen to?

I have cabin fever.  I haven't killed anyone ... yet.  But I have managed to eat like I was a pregnant grizzly bear getting ready for hibernation.  Being snow/iced in is no fun.  Whatsoever.  I miss my kids.  I miss my grandbabies.  And...happily...I miss my boyfriend.  I still dislike that word but since I am pining away like a 17 year old it kinda fits.  I was just trying to watch my church service on its new livestream but this dinosaur cannot seem to make it happen.  I got it for about 5 seconds but now the little arrow circle thingy is just spinning away.  Erica is so wrong....technology is trying to get me.  It is not my friend. So I thought i would share a little of what i am getting ready to share Wednesday night when our new ladies Bible study starts back up for its Spring session.  Spring?!  I am looking forward to that, for sure!

What is your name?  What do you come to?  Who is talking about you?  Who are you listening to?  You and I have an accuser.  the Bible says in Revelation 12:10 that Satan is accusing us before God night and day.  You hear that??  Night and Day.  All the time.  He has an audience with God and just stands there accusing, accusing and accusing.  Satan is the father of lies.  He will lie to you about who you are.  What you are.  Funny....Satan never yells at us.  He whispers....in your ear....you're a failure...you're a bad mother....you're useless....unloved....unlovable.  He tells us that we are not pretty enough, skinny enough, smart enough, have no talent, have no wealth (not just money).  He might not can make us bad or mean or evil but he can make us....busy.  So busy.  Never a second to slow down.  To rest at the feet of HIM. The I AM.  Jesus.  Who is the Truth, the Life, the Way.  Satan wants us to find ourselves lacking.  To think that all the other women around you are better than you.  Have it all together.  Are not living in a pit like you are.  Satan whispers that we do not matter.  That you cannot possibly do anything for Jesus.  He reminds you of all your sins.  All the time.  He whispers your secret sins that bring us so much shame and despair.  Strange...like most lies they are peppered with truth.  Because, you see, without Jesus so much of what Satan says would be true.  While Satan may tell you that your name is failure, God calls you something entirely different.  Child of God, His heir, daughter of the King.  God says you are loved....unconditionally...while we are yet in sin!  God calls us fearfully and wonderfully made and precious in his sight.  We are more than conquerers.  We are overcomers.  That same verse?  Tells us the rest of the story.  Our accuser does not win this war!!!

"Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for our accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down" - Revelation 12:10

Satan is jealous and he hates you.  He Hates You.  He wants to strip away our position in God's eyes.  Christ reigns and the enemy is cast down.  Who do you listen to???  What name do you turn your head to??



 :

Answer to your name.

No comments: