My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Wave

This week was a rough one at school. On Tuesday morning we had a bus to overturn with a full load of children. As the driver yelled over the radio, "I'm flipping, I'm flipping!!" Other drivers just went pale and the school went into overdrive. It is amazing how Christians seek other Christians out in times if crisis. A teacher came into our dining room where I had about 50 breakfast eaters and grabbed my hand. I knew from her face there was something way wrong. She said to pray, just pray. We have a bus with 40 babies on it that has just wrecked. I just squeezed her hand and went to get my coworkers so we could be praying for this emergency. It was like a wave of prayers being sent heavenward. For about an hour we really didn't know anything. Then the news wave came in short bursts. In the end 31 of 38 children were sent to various hospitals but none had any serious injuries. A couple of pretty bad scrapes and some glass that had to be dug out but all in all these children were fine. Praise the Lord. The next day I got to talk with many of them and they acted just like celebrities. Children are so funny and so strong! One little boy said,"I cried like a baby." I told him don't worry I would have to! They wanted to show you there cuts and bruises and each one wanted to tell you about how the bus turned over. Almost proud that they were on that bus that morning. So sweet. But ...so scary. God protected those children. All of us at school have said that over and over. It is really a treasure to work somewhere that we can go to one another in a crisis or when we just need a quick prayer from a believer. I tell kids often that I pray for them and I do. Some really need it. The staff prays for each other and I know that many of them have prayed for me in the past and they know they can come to me for prayer anytime. That what prayers really are too...waves to God.

No comments: