My Babies

My Babies

Friday, June 26, 2009

Just a few things.....

Hey Y'all,

The whole world is saddened by the passings of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson. I remember watching Ed on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson for years. David and I both thought he was the perfect sidekick for him. I thought Farrah was a stunning woman. I was never a real Charlie's Angels fan but I thought she did a banging job in "The Burning Bed" and "Small Sacrifices." A really good actress. And Michael Jackson was a super-talented performer. I still get a thrill when I watch "Thriller." But my heart sinks when I wonder where these 3 are spending eternity. Unless they knew Jesus Christ as their own personal savior they are right now in hell. No favoritism there. In the public eye they all had many problems with sins publicized. whether proven or not. But in private of the public....so do I. I can't pass a judgement on any of them I only know what I learned from TV and such. I just know the legacy they leave behind. That makes me think of what kind I will leave when I leave this earth. I am waiting on 2 dear friends, Kathy and Debbie, to come over and lay by the pool with me today. We met 26 years ago and we have stayed close through marriages, births, job losses & changes, moves and just life. They are truly wonderful Christian women and I love spending time with them. And lastly, this past Wednesday night my daughters Sunday School class goes from house to house in the summer. This week was our turn. they swam and grilled hotdogs and laughed and played. The host house is responsible for the devotional time. They have great leaders in the class but they are called the College and Career Class." So they are becoming more responsible for their study in the Word. Erica led the group in a lesson on fear. She did a wonderful job and I am so proud of her. All these sweet young adults really opened up on what they fear. From the silly (spiders, snakes, bears and bees) to the serious fears. Crippling ones if Satan had his evil way. Disappointing people, rejection, not following God's will, no discernment and several more. I have watched these kids since birth and they have done their parents proud. Have they fallen into pits? Yes. So have I. But they each one know who can pull them out of the slimy pit. And that y'all is quite a legacy no man can follow.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: