My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What is happening???

Hey Y'all,

For the last several days I have been watching the news, reading the paper, listening to conversations etc... I am very nosy. One of my many faults. What is happening in this world? It is spiraling down into such a pit of pure sin at such a rapid rate is literally staggering to me. In the last week I have read about horrible abuses inflicted on a young woman by her own father who murdered one of the 7 children he fathered by her while he kept locked, raped and abused for years in his own basement. What an absolute horror story she has lived. People in the United States have went on shooting rampages in churches, family homes and random people on the streets including an 18 month old baby. Horrible. The mass layoffs that so many are going through that is changing entire lifestyles of people right in my own small community. Devastating. This world is aching for healing and peace. I know that this is the enemies world. I know true, full peace will only come when Jesus rides through this world and takes His rightful place on the throne. I believe that is what my own heart is aching for... watching for. I see so much terror and calamity all around us on this planet. How much can people take and give? I tremble in pure fear when I think of how righteously angry God must be when He sees the people He created act in such terrible ways. I am not presuming to know the very mind of God but, how can He not be angry? We have ruined the beautiful home He gave us, slaughtered millions of innocent babies, plundered many lands and people all over the earth. Lived as "fatted cows" while we see our own neighbors struggle. I am so guilty of this. I am blessed with so much and do so very little to help others. Really help. I pray that God would awaken me to more of His children's needs. What better witness is there than the hands, feet and yes...pocketbook of Jesus seen through His children. I cannot help everyone but I can help someone. If we would all do this we would make such a dent in this sin-filled world. Imagine how the devil would pitch such a fit at the workings of God's own children in the place that he calls home.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: