My Babies

My Babies

Monday, March 2, 2009

Ramblings

Hey Y'all,

Today is a glorious snow day for me here in the south. We got a huge snowstorm all along the east coast last night and today. There is a good 5 inches of snow right outside in my very own yard. Love, love it!!! I am almost positive I will be home tomorrow too! I'm praying! I know we will have to make these days up but I will deal with that later...much later.
This past weekend was my birthday and lets say that I will need to take a week off of work to use up the spa gift certificates I got. I would love to be a spa tester for a living if there was such a job. I wonder if my family thinks I need all the facials, manicures, massages and such? I do tend to live on the unrelaxed end of the pool. The last time I had a massage I told that sweet (strongest woman ever!!) lady that I was the most tense person in the world. She worked me over like I was a sirloin steak being sold for a New York strip. I could barely walk to my car. Thank the Lord for heated seats in my Durango. I will be asking for a less invasive massage this time. Maybe hot stones. Unless that involves hurling them towards my tightly wrapped shoulders I am willing to try that one. Every year of my married life my birthday has fell upon one of the biggest hunting expos in the south. The "Walker Days". This is a coon hunters paradise. There are vendors, dogs, bench shows, hunts and more guys in Carharts than you can count. My husband loves this event. He never forgets my birthday because it always comes at the same time as this show. This year he brought home a new hunting puppy. The cutest little Walker dog you ever saw!! He is just six weeks old and so tiny. Since it was so cold I said (foolish girl) sure he can stay in the house tonight. I have never in my life been so exhausted. This little terror tore my whole house apart, horrified my little Darla and barked like a seasoned coon dog of 12 years. The loudest puppy in the free world...no doubt. After many, many accidents though the little dickens did learn to go towards the door to go out. He is smart, I'll give him that. He rarely made it, but he got the idea. He is now in a dog lot with our female dog, Ginger, who is looking after him very sweetly. I saw him chewing her ear off. Lucky her....maybe she can no longer hear him. Loud, too loud.
My sweet daughter, Erica, made me a pie for my birthday because I do not like cake. I have managed to 3/4 of it by myself. I secretly threw the rest in the trash this morning because every time I walk by the place I hid it I took a bite. I should be ashamed but I am trying to lose 15 pounds before that sweet girl gets married this fall. Pie is off my list. Now on to another topic. I am joining many other ladies in the Living Proof Scripture Memory project. You choose a verse every 2 weeks and commit it to memory. My new one for the first 2 weeks of March is:

Proverbs 3:3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. NIV

This has been a really great thing for me to do. Keeps me focused on a verse that I really want to apply to my life and growth in the Lord. I really recommend y'all do this yourselves. My dear friend Kim and I are really committed to do this for the whole year. She is so faithful to send me her new verse every 2 weeks. I can't wait to read her newest verse. And did I mention that I love the new study on Esther I am doing? I am learning so much about God in this book that does not even mention His Holy Name. If it is coming to your church or and an area church, ladies please sign up. A true blessing. Hope y'all have a wonderful day.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: