My Babies

My Babies

Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Day

I have a ton of Christmas pics that I am probably not going to post because......well.....I don't have a legit reason other than this year I have been super blog lazy and I have put off things until it is really to late.  One of my intentions is to post more on this blog because I need the memories because I am forgetting so much!!!  Thanks, menopause....thanks.  But today is the last day of 2018.  I am cleaning house, cooking for some company for tonight and doing some office work for my husband.  Woo-hoo....I live on the edge.   This year though,  has gone by in a blur.  Looking back I have had some awesome and fabulous blessings.

Celebrated my One Year Anniversary to my fabulous husband
Retired from the school system
Welcomed a brand new grandson
Watched my other grandchildren flourish
Had the privilege to love on my church family

And the list goes on and on and on.  This past year has also had its trials.  But aren't those blessings too?  The times I was driven to my knees brought me closer to my Lord.  The prayers, the tears....that ache that only God can ease.  Blessing.  We all end a year with things we plan and hope to do different and better for the new year to come.  It's natural.  A clean calendar.  Brand new possibilities with a brand new year.  What do I hope for 2019?  To love more, to serve more, to learn more, to pray more, to read His Word more......for a while I have felt in a dry spot with my walk with the Lord.  It isn't Him.....it's me.  My heart is a little hard and I don't know why.  So I am praying for a softer heart.  One that is pliable and tender.  God's word tells me that He will create in me a new heart.  One of flesh and not of stone.  I want that.  So on this last day I pray you seek His will for a new year while I seek His will for mine.  Welcome....2019.

No comments: