My Babies

My Babies

Monday, December 24, 2018

A birthday and making cookie memories

If you know me you know that I love making memories and doing little things that stick in your "memory box" in your mind.  As a child there are just a few things I remember that really meant something for years to come.  For my children and now my grandchildren I want a lot of things to mean something.  When they are older and have families and grandchildren of their own I hope they remember when "mimi" did this and that with them.  Those kind of things are very important to me.  Each year on the 23rd of December we celebrate my mother's birthday.  This year I had all her kids and grandkids, and great grandkids over for lunch.  We had a really good time and the kids just love playing together.



My mom was 73 and she looks marvelous!  I only hope I age as well as she has!  This is all of her great grandbabies.



Savannah and Kyra got into the dress-up box and had on old ballet costumes of my girls!


Piper was rocking an old tap costume!

another thing I do each year is have the kids over to make cookies for Santa.  I did this with my own kids and now I treasure each year with my grandbabies!  We have lots of fun even if the girls do like it better than the boys.  The boys just want to eat cookie dough.  SSSHHHHH!  Don't tell anyone but I let them eat raw cookie dough by the handfuls.  We like to live life on the edge around here.


Brooks is my number one dough eater for sure....making cookies?  Not really his thing!



Finley was unsure about the whole cookie cutter thing. 



Just one more bite Mimi....I promise!

But sprinkles are just up his alley!



Savannah is a very serious little cook.

She really did do a great job.  Such a sweetie!


Piper is getting pretty good at baking!


In a few years they won't even need me to help them at all!!


Santa should be super happy this year!



These young years go by so fast.  The older I get the more I see that.  Toys and gifts are fun but it is the memories that you make and the traditions you set up that stick.  Christmas is about Jesus.....plain and simple.  And Jesus is all about relationship.  This Christmas make your relationship with Jesus what it should be and then make those Christmas memories with you little ones even more special.

No comments: