My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bad Decisions

In my life I have made some very bad decisions from time to time.  As I have grown older I hope I truly do not make so many.  I hope I have matured enough in my prayer life and in my decision making to really and truly think and pray decisions through.  To ask my husband his opinion and to not jump  every single time I hear a whistle.  But alas.....I haven't.  This past July I had a job fall in my lap that I thought I would love.  And......I do not.  I took a job at a local preschool as an assistant in a three year old classroom.  It is only three days a week for four hours each day but it is an eternity!  The kids are sweet and very loving but what was I thinking????  I love children but this job is just not for this old gal.  Not at all.  To put it bluntly....me and poopy pants....are not friends.  Also, I totally forgot what it was like working with a large group of just women.  It really is not so fun either.  What is it with a group of women anyway???  The demand for "Leader of the Pack" is fierce for sure and this chick wants no part of that.  I have a ton of other needs in my family right now and some obligations that are just looming.  Megan has a baby coming in less than a month now.  My parents need me to do some things for them and my husband needs me to do some things for him business wise every day.  By nature I am not a lazy woman at all so it isn't that I do not want to work.  When the first of the year comes around I would very much like to substitute teach at my old school.  But for now I do believe that I will be turning in my notice this week and get my other ducks in a row while i wait on my newest grandson to arrive.  To say I have learned a valuable lesson in this decision is a huge statement.  I  will next time when something just falls in my lap....pray first, ask my husband and then pray some more before i just jump to an answer.  Bad decision?  Lesson learned!

No comments: