My Babies

My Babies

Friday, August 17, 2018

Whispers

Today was the last day.  Leah goes back to college on Saturday.  Megan goes back to work on Monday.  Erica started her home schooling last week but the public schools here start in a week and a half.  Summer....as we know it....is gone.  Now during the day my house will be quiet.  Just whispers all around.  That makes this mama and this mimi .... very sad.  I love my family.  I love the kids as they run and play and swim and eat and eat and eat....they are all bottomless pits.  I love know little Finley is napping in my house.  I love that all our girls get along so well.  Today as I played with little Finley upstairs he could see his mama and Leah in a conversation around the pool.  Made me tear up a little.  I never thought I would see this life that I have and that I love.  Two of our girls caught up in whispers.  Erica had just left and the three of them talked a good part of the day.  I played with the kids in the pool because I so want these girls to be close.  I wish Cara had been here to join them.  All the kids adore both of David's girls and that too makes me so glad.  They all are crazy about him too. All of these things just whisper to my soul and to my heart.......they are answers to prayers.  It is as if God is whispering to my heart, "See...I asked you to wait on me and I would give you your deepest desires."  A family.  A family that loves and doesn't argue or yell or make each other want to be somewhere else.  Now does everything always seem like roses and rainbows??  Nope.  But that also is a blessing.  Even when things are crowded and loud and do not turn out like how I plan them in my mind.  They are ok.  I still lay down at night and I whisper a "thank you, God" before I close my eyes for the night.  Never in my wildest dreams did I envision the life I have now.  Never.  A husband of my dreams who loves me.  And I know he does.  Wonderful children and grandchildren.  A hope of a future with even more grandchildren too.  Can you tell I just love babies???  Who better to whisper to...all the hopes and plans.  Dreams and prayers for their little life.  With summer winding down and the routine of the school year kicking off, life will settle.  Fall will creep into winter.  Hopefully we will see some snow.  That is where I hear such soft whispers.  The quiet of the snow and all its clean and soft touches.  Late in this fall we will welcome a new little boy that I can whisper into his ear.  After the cold of the winter I will see the spring struggle to break through.  Flowers and trees coming forth in whispers of greens, pinks and yellows.  Then it will be blessed summer again.  Goodbye whispers of spring and winter and fall.....hello noise and playing and fun!!  As I sit here in my kitchen typing this I quietly whisper.....thank you, God.

No comments: