My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

When the miracle doesn't come like we ask

Last week my sweet niece and her husband found out they were expecting a baby.  They went for their first visit and a sonogram to determine the due date.  There they were told that the baby had no heartbeat or were there signs of the pregnancy being viable.  They were heartbroken.  They had been trying for a long time and this was news that was just devastating.  But the doctor said to come back on Monday for a follow up sonogram and they would then determine what would happen next.  She asked us all to pray and I told her I was praying for a miracle.  I know how she feels all too well.  I had suffered through two terrible miscarriages and it is something you never get over.  Ever.  You always wonder and you never forget the due dates, the firsts you never get to have and so many other things that hide deep in a mama's heart.  I called only wonderful prayer sisters to join me in praying for this miracle.  Our Sunday School class even had a lesson from II Kings chapter 4 on Elisha raising the Shunamites' son from the dead.  I prayed to the Lord that if He could raise that child He could raise this one.  He is the same as yesterday as He is today.  Then came Monday.  Their appointment was late in the afternoon and they were told that the baby had indeed died and that nature was taking her course.  The miracle never came.  Or did it??  Brittany sent out a very long text to me and her cousins that she was praising the Lord for this and that it was growing her faith and she knew God's timing was perfect and this was His plan for her and Aaron.  Could I have done that?  Learning to praise God in the hardest and saddest times of our lives is so very hard.  We are hurting so deeply and praising is the last thing we want to do.  But God asks us to praise Him all the time.  In all things.  Not for all things but in them.  When we do that I believe He is working miracles....even in our heartbreak.

No comments: