My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Summer Time

It is no secret that summer is my favorite season.  I love everything about it.....the heat, the outdoor activities, family cookouts and get togethers....all of of it.  We have been spending tons of time in the pool this summer because it has been really hot.  The kids are swimming like fish and I am trying to teach Brooks how to swim without arm floats or a puddle jumper.  Last week he swam for 2 whole days without them!  He is doing so good!!  Finley is next and I am hoping to get Kyra over to my house to help her with her swimming.  She is a water bug too!  This summer is flying by already too.  Everyone keeps asking me how I feel about being retired and to be honest it has not really sunk in just yet.  I have had summers off for so many years it won't hit me until August when the kids go back to school and I don't.  I am pretty sure I am going to love it!!!  I have tons of things I would love to just do and lots of things to fill my time.  I do not ever plan on just sitting idle and watching life pass by.  We do have a couple of trips planned for this summer.  David and I are flying to Dallas, TX at the end of the month to get our youngest daughter from her summer internship.  And how about how awesome it is that she is only a little over an hour from Waco and I am planning on spending some serious time at Chip and Joanna Gaines store, Magnolia and the bakery and restaurant!!!!  Super excited about that.  I just love that family and their great family values.  We are heading to the beach for a few days in August and I am looking forward to that too.  I love, love, love the beach and can't wait to flop back in a chair and sink these toes in the shore.  My favorite thing to do there is people watch and dig for sharks teeth.  I am super exciting, let me tell you.  Anyway, hope you are having an awesome summer too! 

Piper is a water dog!  She loves the pool so much!



Brooks is really doing great this year and is learning so much!


Savannah is trying the swim team this year and is doing awesome!

Such fun days with the babies!



Blake and Brooks.  What great memories.


Thad helping his little man.


Mimi and her boys....what little sweeties!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

People keep asking me how it feels to be retired too. I definitely know how you feel. It will hit us when summer is over and everyone goes back to school.