My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Glances

Last week my ladies group finished our Bible Study on Rachel and Leah.  So very good.  I learned so much about how I compare my life to other women and not on Gods plan for me.  We tend to glance at others lives as believers.  I think that we think if we just "glance" we don't really envy or covet or seethe in jealousy or desire whatever they have or are doing or are getting.  Make sense??  So last night I took some nuggets from that study and added a few and got the privilege of teaching a lesson to the College and Career kids from our church.  We hosted a dinner/pool party for them and I did the evening devotional.  I had the blessing of the teachers of that class and the blessing and encouragement from my husband.  What a joy they were.  So attentive.  They really seemed to listen.  Of course there were a few that kind of zoned out....you expect that.  But you know what??  That is totally ok.  Not one of those kids is deaf and God can plant a seed in a stony heart that will grow years from now.  I know.....it's happened to me. A few of them said the lesson hit them right between the eyes.  I love when God works like that.  At such a young age, these 20 somethings get humbled with courses in their lives that are not on track with the course that God has for them.  That was the goal I had in mind.  I didn't want to hurt their feelings by reminding them of sin in their lives.  Because lets face it....we all sin and we all compare our lives with others.  We all have the "Why them, God??" mentality at times.  Those glances, no matter how quick, stick with us deep in our hearts.  I reminded them of how social media for the most part...is a lie.  We only report the good stuff and we make it really good.  We see a friend get engaged and her ring is just a wee bit bigger or sparkly than ours.  We see that great new truck that has more horsepower than ours.  They get that great paying new job while we still work at Taco Bell. That new Coach bag.  That new phone.  That whatever.....  And our life seems to be stuck.  Not working out like we planned.  No blessings falling from heaven 'round here.  But is that true?  Is that really true??  Satan shoots his fiery darts and his aim is so good.  He dips the arrow point in jealousy, envy, hate....everything that God is not and he hits us with it.  Cinch your armor tighter.  Leave no cracks.  Keep you gaze on the true prize and on the path that God has for you.  When we glance away from that path....that is when we stumble.  God has goodness for us.  That is just that.....for us.  Just you.  Remember, someone is also glancing at you in this season of trial and seeing how you handle it.  In our trials we still have something to offer.  A humble heart to a holy God that never glances away.

No comments: