My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

I'm a total slacker!

Well, I have been a total slacker for the last several months on this here blog and I am super sorry.  I have tons to say.  tons of memories I need to put down because I sure 'nuff won't remember.  I have tons of opinions on things.  Tons of things I have learned and relearned but.....I'm a slacker.  Wish there was a 12 step program for this.  I have already admitted it so I need to be to step 2 but where is the rehab place??  I hope it is somewhere warm and tropical because that is for sure not here.  We have a snow thing coming in tonight.  On the first day of spring, mind you.  I am so over winter.  So.  Over.  It.  But here are a couple of things going on and a super short synapses on them.

I had a birthday in February -  I am officially old. hooray for me!

My dear friend sherry and I took our daughters to see Beth Moore at a Living Proof Conference - amazing, time in the word and an amazing message to this soul.  Great weekend!

We are finishing up the Bible study on "Friends" - also amazing.  Learned so much about friendship and the true meaning of friends and what a friend to me Jesus is.  No matter what a crummy one I am to Him.

Celebrated my first anniversary - and to say the least I love my husband so much more is a total understatement.  What a blessing and treasure he is to me.

Remodeled our kitchen - and once again, what an awesome, amazing husband I have.  The kitchen of my dreams, so great!

Praying for so many - I have several close and dear, sweet sisters in the Lord who are battling horrible things right now.  One is watching her husband die of awful cancer, one is struggling with a sister who is out of control (at 68 years old...sin never ceases) and one is helping her husband begin the process of losing his father to...cancer.  Praying all the time for these precious girls.

My grand babies are growing like weeds.  All of them are so smart and sweet and fun.  Finley just turned 2 years old and I can't believe it!  One other little nugget.....I am turning in my retirement forms this year.  Yep.  I am officially retiring from the school system and to say that I am so excited about that is a huge understatement too.  This old gal is wore slap out every day and the thoughts of doing my job for 20 more years just about makes me cry.  So all in all things are going great and I am so thankful to the Lord for all His blessings that he pours out on this wayward child of His.  His mercies never cease girls....never.


No comments: