My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, December 16, 2017

What do you "want" for Christmas?

Sorry...it has been forever since I posted and I have no excuse at all.  I have had plenty of things to write about.  Lots of memories, events and opinions but....I have been lazy.  I even let Thanksgiving go by with out telling you what I am thankful for!!!  Shameful.  So now since it is the Christmas season let me start with this....What I "want" for Christmas...I would like to start off by saying that this is a phrase that truly needs to be re-worded.  It should state:  "What I would like to give for Christmas".  For my family and friends I would like to give"

1.  My time....to sit down and just talk.  To observe the sweetness of my grand babies and soak all their youngness in deep.  To play with them and hold them and love on them like you only can with little ones.  That time goes by so fast.  Spend time with my husband.  To cherish this time in our lives.  No babies of our own, no teen angst to deal with, no schedule demands of ballgames, swim meets, recitals and the like....just with each other ..while we are in this "middle" age season.  To have long lunches with my girlfriends.  Fun shopping days....couples over for supper.  Precious time building lasting memories to keep me smiling when I no longer do get to go out so much.

2.  My prayers....to let all the people in my life know that I do pray for them.  To see the answers come and to praise God for the outcomes....no matter what they are

3.  My ears....to listen.  Not talk (for once) and just listen to the hearts of my family, friends and ones I hold so dear.

4.  My memories....to share what I know and what I remember with all my little ones.  Times that they will never know in this fast-paced, technology driven world.  To help them know of a slower more laid back life and to remember that nothing should get in the way of cloud watching, raindrop dances and snow flake catching.   Listening for thunder, watching the lightning.  Catching fireflies and waiting for that rainbow.

5.  Make some memories.....Let's face it...we don't live forever.  I want my grandchildren to have fond memories of times spent with Mimi.  To remember Mimi and Pap-paw as people who loved them and wanted them and invested in them.  A real legacy that they tell their own grandchildren about.  Grandparents that loved and served the Lord.  Took them fishing, played with them, swam with them, taught them how to bake and cook and plant flowers and work on cars and a million other things.


These are just a few things I would like to give.  Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world took on these few "gifts"?  Instead of what I want....what I would like to give.  Not things but themselves.  Something we all have.  Ourselves.  I saw on TV once that the number one thing that elementary aged children wanted for Christmas, birthdays and the like was a real family night dinner.  No TV, no phones at the table, no work to run right out to....sitting around a real table and eat together and laugh together and talk together.  What an awesome gift that would be!!

No comments: