My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas in my head.....and heart

Today was the last day of school for 2017.  Christmas vacation has officially begun!  ......... Moment of silence, Praise Da Lord!!!  Glory hallelujah!  I have a very full schedule over this break too.  Starting with when I got home I had a great surprise on my driveway.  New Christmas Trees!!!  I ordered 2 for my front porch and 3 for the columns outside beside the pool.  I do plan on posting some photos very soon because the best and most sweetest husband in the whole wide world bought me a new camera for Christmas.  Even though we agreed not to get each other one thing...he did anyway.  My old camera was starting to give me some issues and this was such a surprise and something I secretly really, really wanted.  I do just love him.  This is the first Christmas we are married and I want it to be so special.  In my head I have this whole scenario of how I want our Christmas to go.  I do that all the time with everything and rarely does it happen the way I think, or plan or even want!  Ideally I would love for my grand babies to come over on Saturday to bake cookies and then come back over on Christmas Eve to decorate them.  We do Christmas Eve with our family because both my daughters are married and have children.  I would never ask them to get up and come over to my home on Christmas morning.  That is their family time.  Cara and Leah are still single and as of this year do not have families outside of parents and grandparents.  So they and their boyfriends are coming on Christmas Eve for a big blended family dinner.  Now in my head I want all the food to turn out good and everyone to be laughing and talking and playing with the kids and just having a great time with each other.  We are so fortunate that our kids do get along and truly do like one another.  All the guys do too.  And the kids are .....well they are just kids and they love all of them.  Especially Cara and Leah.  I plan on baking a birthday cake for Jesus with the grand babies.  This will be one of our desserts and they are excited about helping me bake.  After supper I want someone to read the Christmas story from Luke in the Bible and then as we are sitting around the living room letting all the kids open their gifts and the big kids too.  I love presents and I know that Christmas is about Jesus.  What He did for us by coming to this world as a baby to deliver us from the our sin filled selves.  But the happy expressions on faces are precious to me.  I love giving gifts to people.  I love making people know that I listen and think about them when I buy them a gift.  It just warms your heart.  After all the excitement I like the idea of everyone just talking and visiting with one another.  Just watching our grown kids forge this new territory with us means so very much to me.  Then when everyone goes home I just want to sit back with my husband.  My sweet husband.  What a true and treasured gift he is to me.  A gift for this heart that is finally mended.  God brought Christmas to my heart in many ways this year.  I am so grateful and can't wait to spend many more with this man and our growing family.  That's how I want our Christmas to be this year....and every year to come.

No comments: