My Babies

My Babies

Monday, October 9, 2017

Learning To Worship

Yesterday at church we had a guest Pastor in to preach for the morning and evening services.  He was so good!  He was such a dynamic speaker and he really just did a great job.  His topic was on what worship really is.  I so needed to hear the things that God had for me through this message.  I have been struggling lately with just  a dry spell I have been having with the Lord.  The Lord is still there and I know that but it is me.  All me.  I am just dry right now and i just don't know why.  So yesterday I sensed a rekindling of a passion I haven't felt in a while.  To dive into His word and to sing with abandon.  To lift my hands in praise.  We sang the song "I Need You" and tears rolled down my face.  I often cry in the singing time because it moves my spirit so but yesterday I really did need the Lord.  And He showed up.  This Pastor spoke on using our common sense, our Godly sense and most importantly...our Obedience-Sense.  Therein lies my problem.  I don't obey.  I'm no better than my 5 year old grand daughter who gets in trouble for not obeying.  A lot.  When God wants me to act or do something a certain way I for the most part do not.  Or I grumble about it in my heart.  Where this attitude has come from I am not sure.  I can blame it on lots of things.  I am tired.  which I am.  I am over committed.  My job is stressful.  Family demands.  And the list goes on and on.  But it boils down to my own free will.  I choose to be disobedient.  I let the world get in the way and I let Cindy get in the way.  She is a willful one, that Cindy!  But I am starting afresh and thank you Jesus, He gives us a fresh pass each and every day.  I am learning to worship the Lord with all my heart, my mind and my soul.  To worship Him with all I do.  Now this doesn't mean I go about with my hands up and singing praise songs all the time.  It is an attitude of the heart that needs to be set in my steps.  Each task I do I can do it with an attitude of worship.  Is that hard?  You better believe it.  But it is what God wants and He will equip me if I don't act like such a ding dong and put on that bad attitude that I have been wearing as of late.  That attitude makes look fat, by the way.  Because my heart and mind sure have been heavy lately.  But I am learning to worship.  To listen more, to pray more to sit at the feet of Jesus more.  I believe that is all He wants out us anyway.

No comments: