My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hopping up on my trusty soapbox for a minute

Last weekend on all the NFL games I watched multiple players sit or kneel instead of standing for our national anthem.  My opinion is just that....mine.  So here goes.  Shame on you.  To do that to the honoring of our flag is not only disrespectful but just plain out ignorant.  Go to another country to play ball for 10 bazillion dollars a year where no young man (or woman) would risk their life to protect your freedoms.  The flag is so much more than just a piece of cloth waving in the wind.  It is a representation to the world of who and what we are.  And believe it or not...we are still the United States of America.  The best country in the world to live in.  Name me another one where I can kick or throw a ball for millions of dollars and have endorsements fall all over me for another several million dollars and be on the news every single day of my life if I make enough noise!  I love this country...even with all its faults.  I love it and am so grateful to live here.  When I witness all the wrongs in this country it doesn't make me hate my country.  It makes me hate the wrongs.  My daddy served in the Army and was in Korea.  I would never humiliate him by sitting during our national anthem.  He would wear me out and rightly so.  Have times changed since he served.  Yes they have.  some for the better and some for worse.  But this country is still worth standing up for.  The KKK, Nazi-right groups, white supremacists and Black Lives Matter are all hate groups.  All of them.  Peoples Lives matter.  All people.  To sit down right in front of a 70 year old veteran saluting our flag is a kick in the gut to all servicemen and women.   Grow up.  Do unfair things happen in this world.  Yes.  Is life fair to all people all the time?  No.  Deal with it.  When I see so called movie stars rant and rave about how much they hate our President and all the things he would like to see come to pass it makes me wonder....why do they not fix what is broken in their eyes?  Meryl Streep is rich enough to build 20 homeless shelters and to feed hungry children for years....She is just one of dozens who always seem to gripe and complain but never seem to do anything. I could honestly rant on and on about the so-called issues these flag hating, President hating people....but then I am the same as them.  All I know for sure is this....Jesus is coming back and then every knee will bow.  Every.  Single.  One. 

No comments: