My Babies

My Babies

Monday, September 4, 2017

First Days

Last week was the first week of school here and my sweet Savannah started Kindergarten!  Piper started the second grad.....I can't believe that!  Time just goes way too fast.  Piper loves her teacher, Mrs. Dally, and she has a great little class of friends.  I am so glad she loves school and learning.  she really is so very smart and she tries to do her best all the time.  So proud!!  Savannah did fantastic.  I was really nervous that she would cry but she did not cry one bit!  I asked her at the end of the first day if she cried and she just beamed when she told me she didn't!  So proud of her too!  We have lots of new kids this year.  We have a new high school that opened for the first time right down the road from my elementary school and we are the feeder school for this high school.  so everyone wants to attend the new school.  Our enrollment really jumped with new people moving into our area.  The new high school is very nice and so state of the art.  Lots of incentives....makes me want to go back to school...not!  I loved school as a child but the thoughts of going back to school now make me want to cringe.  I love the little kids at elementary age level but I would never want to be a teenager again for no amount of money.  Just watching all the little ones and their excitement over seeing their friends again and playing together and eating lunch together is super sweet and fun.  I have already started to pick out the ones that i know need extra prayers.  I pray for my school and the children and staff there often but there are always those few that need extra prayers.  Some little ones just live hard lives.  So much weight on tiny shoulders that just should not be.  I am just so glad that my own grandbabies love their teachers and school and seem to be settling in just fine.



Erica bringing in the troops for the first day!





Sweet Piper hugging Savannah goodbye!


Getting all settled into her seat at her table.  All smiles!


No comments: