My Babies

My Babies

Friday, June 23, 2017

Catching Up

Whew!!  School is out, I have sold my house and closed on it.  That was all an absolute god-thing too.  Put it on the market sold it in three days and closed in 3 weeks.  Got everything finally moved to my new home.  Unpacked???  Not on your life!  I have about 1,204,583 totes to go through and sort and combine and put away.  In reality I should be on hoarders!  So to say that my blog has been neglected is a huge fact.  I'm really sorry to my tens of readers!  But since school is now out I can make some time to post things on this journal that i will forget in the years to come.  So some things that are going on are;  We are putting in a pool!!!  My sweet husband is working hard on laying it out and designing a pool house...complete with a bathroom and an outdoor kitchen....sweet!  We have decided to do a fiberglass pool.  I will post plenty of photos of the whole process.  We went on our first family vacation together.  My two girls, their husbands and kids and David and myself went to the Outer Banks.  We fished some, flounder gigged some but for the most part it rained and the weather was lousy.  My poor man got sick and he came home with Thad on Tuesday and I followed on Wednesday.  He is starting to feel some better and for that i praise the Lord.  My cutie pie, Finley, got his first black eye by falling in the tub down there.  the first of many injuries I am sure.  The kids liked the sound a whole bunch but the ocean was way too rough.  Trying to entertain and keep four little ones under 6 is hard on any given day let alone when the weather is yucky.  I am glad to be home though....really glad.  Piper is doing her first year on the swim team and she is swimming great.  She is not very athletic but is a really good swimmer.  I hope this is something that she keeps up and that her siblings try out too.  Lots of fun!  

At church the ladies finished our latest Bible study on the book of Ruth and it went really well.  I love that story so much.  It reminds me of my own story a bit.  After my marriage "died" so to speak I had many years of struggles.  Then God sent me my own "kinsman redeemer" in my now husband.  Such a wonderful story of how God uses hardships, tragedies and crisis in our lives and turns them out for good.  He is good.  His plans are always for our good even when we do not or cannot see it.  He never means to harm us whatsoever.  How precious.  I am starting a new study that is going to probably do me right in.  The name of the book is "Soul Care".  Just the introduction had me squalling the ugly cry.  Convicting in a way that I so desperately need.  My dear friend Kelley is reading it too and we have committed to go over the chapters together.  I need that.  I have been in a spiritual desert of sorts lately.  My life is so good right now but I need a fresh Word from the Lord.  Or better yet....refreshment from the Lord.  My soul dryness needs a refreshing dose of Jesus.  My prayer life is lacking and so is my devotional life.  these are all things that are of my own doing.  God does not change or move....but I do.  To hear from Him I need to sit down and hush.  Be still.  Listen with my heart ears for that still small voice to come in and pour living water on this dry and thirsty soul.  In essence I need to catch up with Jesus.

No comments: