My Babies

My Babies

Friday, May 5, 2017

The World's Largest Yardsale

Last Saturday we had a ginormous yardsale.  We worked until late Friday night and got up super early Saturday morning to set up.  I'm talking huge.  We did really good too.  Erica and Megan helped out and so did my mom.  Our dear friends, John and Debbie, showed up Friday night and early Saturday morning too.  They were such a high blessing to us!  The hardest part for me was, of course, letting go of stuff.  I love my stuff.  I am very attached to most of the things I have and can place a sentimental value on almost everything.  But even though I suppressed about twenty panic attacks....I let things go.  I only almost snatched something out of one lady's hand.  A cut glass napkin holder.  I don't use it but it is so very pretty and....I just wanted to keep it.  Why?  I would just pack it away in a cabinet and take it out maybe once every other year or so.  But just knowing I had it tucked away gave me some sort of satisfaction.  When I really think on it I find it all boils down to one thing.  Control.  If I have it, I control it.  Where it is placed, when it is used, who touches it, who can borrow it.  and everything about it.  This yardsale was good for me.  Made me unclench a lot of my past that I didn't know I had my clutches in.  A sweet release of sorts.  Our future is bright and new and fresh.  I don't want it to be bogged down with a ton of junk from our pasts.  Moving forward is our plan.  New life for my husband and myself is a good thing.  Was the yardsale a lot of work and trouble?  Yes sirree-bob.  But just like a good marriage....so worth it.  I don't want to collect things and put them away to get dusty and remain useless.  I want to enjoy what I have with who I have.  I just praise the Lord for making me see this.  Life is too precious to tuck things away unused.  Including ourselves.  I want to be used and not stay put away and dusty.  Funny, it took a yardsale of a ton of stuff to show me all that.

No comments: