My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Why do I Lie To God?

Why do I lie to God?  This may sound ridiculous to you but this is something I do on a regular basis.  I water down my feelings, my needs, my desires, my problems and...yes, my praises to God.  I often feel like He is too busy or that there are way more important people with bigger issues for God to take care of.  This morning our pastor preached a message on this topic.  He spoke about how King David just laid it all out for God whenever things were desperate or whenever things were great.  I so tend to try to make God see things through my eyes instead of me seeing things through the heart of God.  He does care.  I am important.  He already knows what is on and in my heart.  He knows who I pretend to like but secretly can't stand.  He knows the guilt I feel about that very thing too.  And the funny thing is....He can change that!  If I would stop lying to Him and get out of His way.  My prayer life is the biggest area that I need to see a change in.  I have the desire and the want to.  I just don't do it.  Each morning when I leave for work I could kick myself for not praying for my husband before I drive away.  I promised myself and God that I would.  God knows my heart and He knows the things I want to do but.....I still don't do them.  Maybe it isn't lying to God so much as it is ignoring Him.  I do that too.  God will tell me through His word to do or to act a certain way....I ignore it.  I have no other excuses.  I find myself just going on and doing my thing and leaving God out of most of it.  I will throw God a few quick prayers each day over my people, over some issues, over things that come over the church call-outs we get.  But I still at the end of each day find myself telling God a lie.  I do not lay my heat out before Him.  I hold back.  Or I do not say anything at all.  Does this matter?  I believe it does.  As a child of God I am asked by Him to lay my burdens at His feet.  Cast all my cares on Him.  But I don't.  I pretend He doesn't really need to know the things that are on my mind and in my heart.  That if I don't say it....He won't know it.  That isn't...Praise the Lord....how He works.  He still knows.  No matter how much I try to keep my heart matters a secret from Him, God still knows.  While I am learning to trust Him more and more.  Learning to honestly open my heart before Him.  Learning that God does care about even the most stupid of things.  Because  His word says:

  "Psalm 145: 18 The LORD is near all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth;  He hears their cry and saves them."

No comments: