My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Darkest Day

Yesterday was Good Friday.  Tomorrow is Easter....blessed Easter Sunday.  Today is Saturday.  The darkest day I can ever think of.  In my own self-centered world where only I and my pitiful problems live I can think of many dark days.  But there is none darker than the day that Christ lay in the tomb.  His followers unsure, lost, deeply troubled.  Where was their King?  Where was their friend?  Where was the one they called Jesus the Christ?  Where were the disciples?  Were they huddled in their homes?  Gripped with fear?  Angry?  Confused?  This Jesus they had given up their lives for was dead.  Buried in a borrowed tomb.  Nowhere for them to see.  To touch.  To talk too.  To laugh or cry with.  I can find no conversations of the Saturday that lies between Friday and Sunday on the scriptures.  That tells me that the day was dark.  Quiet.  Fear-filled.  But in the darkest of nights.  The darkest of all days.  The sun always peeps above the horizon....Sunday is coming.  With it...the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus.  He is alive.  He is risen indeed!  That makes each day from this day on....the brightest of days because my Savior Lives.

No comments: