My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, April 2, 2017

29 years and 364 days ago

Tomorrow is my oldest daughters 30th birthday.  30.  How can she be 30 years old??  So for today I am relishing her being in her 20's.  Doesn't sound nearly so old.  Thinking back I remember the day she was born with such sweetness.  That tiny, tiny baby that made me a mother.  What a miracle.  After she was born and everyone had left us alone at the hospital I just remember holding her and being so glad she was mine.  She was just perfect too.  All her toes and fingers.  Sweet little head...so round and smooth.  Just a haze of blonde hair.  Beautiful blue eyes.  As she grew she was so quiet.  So shy.  No fuss.  Such a low maintenance baby.  When she became a toddler her little personality started to bud.  A quiet stubbornness that was beyond measure.  I truly do not recall her ever pitching one tantrum.  But stand her ground?  All.  Day.  Long.  She is still a very stubborn adult.  Funny how some things stick.  The time has went by a such a speed that I can't even believe it.  Our family dynamics have changed tremendously.  She is now married.  Has three gorgeous children of her own. Is secure in her marriage.  With her station in life as a stay at home mom.  No other higher calling than that,  for sure.  Now she gets to observe her own babies grow and come along in this world.  Thirty years is a long time when you think of some things.  Getting a new mortgage....30 years seems like forever.  But, for me?  29 years and 364 days ago??  Seems like yesterday.

No comments: