My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Looking Forward

Well I have officially been married almost 3 weeks!!  What a whirlwind!  I have been moving stuff every single day.  That in itself has been a huge undertaking.  My house is not officially on the market but we have shown it to the sweetest young couple with a cute baby girl.  They loved it and have went to the bank and I really hope it works out for them.  That would be kinda awesome for us too.  But it would put me in a huge time crunch to get my years and years of stuff  out of my old house.  Penny has fit in just great.  That dog is amazing.  she took to her new fence line like a champ.  One big shock and she hasn't went to the line again.  She is sleeping great and does not wander the house at all at night.  Things are moving fast and days go by like a blur.  But a few things that have been exceptionally wonderful are:  We have had two Sunday lunches with all the family together and it has been really good.  some adjustments with such a big crowd....but good.  Speaking of Sundays....my new husband has joined me in Sunday School and for the first time in my life I am actually a couple in a couples class.  I truly cannot express what this means to me.  It has always been on of my deepest desires for my man to join me in church and church things.  So for him to do this.....means the world to me.  He and I also read the Bible together and to each other every night when we go to bed.  We take a turn with a chapter each night.  We have read through Ephesians and are now working through Proverbs.  He chose these two books.  Could I love this man anymore???  He is such a servant with the kindest of hearts.  Goodness....each time I think of him during the day I can't help but smile or well up with tears of gratitude.  We are both adjusting to marriage really well.  It is different this time.  For both of us.  But it is a good different.  Our expectations are no where as high this time around.  We give each other plenty of room for error.  He is going to let me down at some point and Lord knows I will him.  That's just facts.  But ... it is ok.  Love covers a multitude of flaws.  I so look forward to each day with him.  To the coming months and years.  It is so exciting the things that God has in store for us.  This new life that has just begun at the age we are is so very precious to me.  Time is something we both cherish.  We are not so lovesick that we think we have forever.  We both know that a fifty year marriage is not in our favor.  So we are cherishing each other a little more seriously than younger couples.  I do look forward to around thirty plus years though.  And even then....it's not enough.

No comments: