My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Last Sunday Lunch

My family is gone home now and I am sitting at the counter of the house in less than a week I will call home.  We just had our last Sunday lunch together in the only home my children and grandchildren have known.  It was a little sad for me I cannot lie.  Memories are swarming all over me in this house.  But it was our usual loud and spirited Sunday lunch together.  For that ....I am grateful.  My bunch is loud and we all talk at the same time and we laugh and we cut up and have a great time together.  But today I looked at those faces for the last time in my dining room and ...it was ok.  I'm good with it.  In a few days I will start my new life with my new husband in my new home and it will be good.  So good.  And we will start new traditions.  Family Sunday lunches in my new house.  Where we will continue to talk over one another and laugh and cut up and be loud.  Where we will eat food that I hope is always good but more importantly prepared with love.  With my family in mind.  I will have two new daughters to include and I am so glad about that.  Future sons in law to fix for.  More and more grand babies!!!  I do love babies.  New and exciting is this future.  Just a few moments ago my sweet husband-to-be wrapped his arms around me and whispered...."I will take care of you".  And he will.  I am so excited about our upcoming wedding.  Even if it is "lame" in the eyes of our kids.  I have had dozens of nightmares about it though.  Him not showing up.  My dress being 4 sizes too small....but I wear it anyway (yikes).  Falling down.  And a hundred other awful scenarios.  But in the end...Lord willing...by this time next week we will be married.  And then I will soon write about "The First Sunday Lunch in my New Home."  How great that will be and feel.  I will confess....my stress level is enormous.  My hot flashes???  Off the charts.  Off...the ...charts.  But with all that on my mind and all the things I have to do....today was all about my last Sunday lunch in my mind.  I don't think any of the others even let that thought cross their mind.  And that is totally okay.

No comments: