My Babies

My Babies

Friday, January 27, 2017

I'm a Saver

As I start going through all the things in my house I am starting to realize that my kids are right....I'm a hoarder.  I brought that up at church last Wednesday night and one of my sweet ladies told me I was not a hoarder but....a saver.  That just sounds so much better.  And I do save stuff.  Lotsa stuff.  I have enough clothes for a store.  I have enough glassware and dishes for another store and let's not even start on Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter decorations.  And speaking of decorations.  I have all the floral/containers/vases anyone would need for a wedding.  I have all the stuff from three girls weddings to prove it!!!  It is unreal.  David and I are having a giant yardsale in the spring and between the both of us we should have around enough items that if we put .50 on each thing we stand to make around 18,000.00.  Not kidding.  Not.  How do we accumulate so much stuff???  I suppose for me it is the fact that at almost thirty years in this house I just never get rid of anything.  It pains me to part with one item.  I do not really have trash piled up like on that show "Hoarders" but the possessions I own.  Shameful.  I am totally and completely overwhelmed at the prospect of moving but on the other hand I cannot wait to start this new life with this man.  The plans we are making and the thought of just spending time with a husband that truly cherishes me and wants to protect me and spend actual time with me.  Totally a new thing.  Maybe normal for other women but for me???  Not so much.  The kind of time he wants to spend with me and just be with me is astounding.  So no matter what anyone says....this is something I am going to hoard and save!  Sifting through this house is hard and it is bringing up memories long gone but taking things to my new home and starting to put things away there is building new ones.  The excitement is so fun.  Even at our age....we are so excited.  All these emotions and feelings are something else I want to save.  Calling myself a saver puts a new spin on things for me.  Getting rid of a lot of old stuff is going to be a good thing.  Now I can focus on the things that are worth saving.

No comments: