My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wonders

Christmas is just a few days away and even though busyness surrounds me and overwhelms me....Christmas is a few days away.  In my Sunday School class one of my sweet teachers, Wally, posted a question to us.  Do we still have the wonder?  You know, the wide eyed wonder of a child at Christmas time.  Somewhere in our life we lose that....when??  I have no clue.  Wisps of it come back from time to time.  When I watched my own children and their excitement.  Now my grandchildren....such pure pleasure.  But "wonder" for me?  Not so much.  Am I hardened?  Am I cynical?  Am I apathetic?  Maybe.  I think, for me, I am so consumed with.... busy.  All the things I am doing are important.  Need to be done.  Marked off the checklist.  But the "wonder".  It isn't even on my list.  Shame on me.  So today, I stopped....the busy.  I have baking to do, wrapping to do, cleaning to do...blah, blah, blah.  I'm going to go get a pedicure.  Does that incite wonder??  Nope.  But it does knit together a relationship I am forging with one of David's girls.  she asked me through a text earlier today and I almost texted back, No, thank you though....but I didn't.  I love both of his daughters and if the future holds what I think....they will become my daughters.  Never did I ever dream I would be a part of four young ladies lives....Now that, is a "wonder".  See, wonders are really everywhere all the time.  we like to label the biggies...childbirth, milestones, graduations and the like.  But really?  Each day is sprinkled with tiny wonders.  I just need to look for them.  I need to set aside my checklist and look.  Not just look but see.....Not just hear but listen.... Not just grab and take but feel.... Not just zip through and rush by but smell and taste.  Wonders never cease.  So this Christmas season take in the wonders.  Bask in them.  Small they might be.  Big they might be.  God is so gracious and so good and so" wonder-full"  Let us not be "wonder-less"  Offer Him the wonder of our adoration, our Thanksgiving, our devotion.  He created all the wonderment around us....Thank Him for that this Christmas.

No comments: